Most of us have heard this or a variation of it: ‘You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.’ In other words, a “mastermind group.” A mastermind group is described as “the coordination of knowledge and effort of two or more people, who work toward a definite purpose, in the spirit of harmony.” In this week’s Ten-to-Win, Kim shares 10 reasons why you need to join a mastermind group. Enjoy.
1. Create deep and lasting connections with incredible people. The life of an entrepreneur can be lonely. Sharing your dreams, aspirations and challenges with a group of like-minded individuals makes it a lot less lonely. You will naturally raise your game as you spend more time in the company of these like-minded entrepreneurs.
2. Accountability. At the end of each meeting you will have an action plan, objectives you need to meet before the next meeting – which the group will hold you to account for. It takes real discipline to succeed in any endeavor. Being held to account by your mastermind colleagues ensures that you maintain the disciplined behavior necessary to succeed in your business.
3. Brainstorming. Share your ideas and alternatives within your mastermind group. If you are not sure what to do next, what direction to go in, the collective power of the mastermind will kick in and get you back on track!
4. Mastermind feedback. Receive feedback from successful individuals on how to solve business issues. Perhaps you have staff issues or financial challenges – let the mastermind help you resolve them. In the group the participants all have the same goal – to help each other grow their business. Everyone is on the same side.
5. Mastermind support. Sometimes business is difficult and the challenges can seem overwhelming. Perhaps you have a difficult employee or a legal problem – chances are your mastermind colleagues have experienced the same issue. You will never be short of alternative suggestions on how to overcome issues. Additionally you will develop deep and meaningful friendships over above all the business help.
6. Better decision making. It is easy to put off a decision – but with a mastermind group you have your own due-diligence team to give you the confidence you need when making an important decision.
7. Increased confidence. Better decision making means greater confidence – greater confidence spreads through your organization and inspires everyone to perform better. You will feel good. You will feel more confident.
8. Creativity. Looking for new ideas for your business? Have a new idea for your business? Want objective feedback and help with that idea? The group will provide more ideas and constructive feedback on your ideas.
9. Discover new business partners and cross promotion. Collaboration is the name of the game. You may find someone in the group that is a perfect fit to work on a project with you. Or, you may be the perfect person to help another member as well. The group works together collaboratively, to achieve more together.
10. Think bigger. You can’t help but think bigger and stretch beyond your boundaries when surrounded by amazing people doing amazing things. Fellow Mastermind members will help you to see the potential you are missing out on.
Closing Thought: “The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best” ~ Epictetus.
Kim Anthony is the founder of the Urban Excellence Institute, a 501c3 nonprofit organization that is dedicated to bringing world class personal growth and development training, coaching and programs to urban communities. For more information visit www.UrbanExcellence.net.