Skin Sense: Keep Skin Healthy and Hydrated
As temperatures drop, the importance of helping to protect your skin doesn’t. UV rays reach Earth’s surface year-round—even in the fall and winter months when we don’t feel the heat. One of the best things you can do for your skin is to include sun protection as part of your daily routine, even as the weather gets brisk. Actress and Coppertone spokesperson Brittany Snow has bright ideas to help keep skin healthy and hydrated throughout the cooler months:
• Good rule of thumb: If you venture outdoors, you need sun protection, whatever the temperature may be. Coppertone CLEARLYSheer is the perfect sunscreen to wear every day, helping to keep your skin protected whether you’re headed to a football game, holiday shopping, admiring the fall foliage or just leaving the office for lunch.
• Don’t be fooled by cloudy skies—they often lead people to stay outdoors longer and without protection. However, up to 90 percent of the sun’s UV rays can penetrate through clouds and can cause skin damage. Always remember to wear sunscreen and hats to keep skin protected, and it’s not just about the face. Pay special attention to other exposed areas of skin such as your nose, ears and hands!
A light, clean sunscreen worn under makeup every day can go a long way toward helping skin stay protected, says Brittany Snow.
• Include sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) as part of your daily routine, just like Brittany: “For me, applying sunscreen is the most important step. Even if you wear all the makeup in the world, it doesn’t mean anything if your skin isn’t healthy. That’s why, after I wash my face every morning, I make sure to apply a sunscreen before I put on my makeup. My favorite is Coppertone CLEARLYSheer because it’s face friendly, superlightweight and has a matte finish. And it doesn’t clog my pores, which is a major plus.” Remember to reapply sunscreen every two hours.
• Drinking water is a natural part of staying cool in the warmer months, but it’s also important to keep that going through the fall and winter. Staying hydrated is one of the most important things you can do for healthy, happy skin. Going from frosty to toasty warm temperatures multiple times each day can dry out skin quickly, so drink plenty of water and use a moisturizer to keep your beautiful glow.
• When a chill hits the air, give your lips extra love and kick chapping to the curb. Lips are the thinnest part of the skin and are especially sensitive because they receive the most exposure. Reapplying lip balm with SPF every time you go outside will help protect your lips from UV rays as well as helping them stay moisturized in the drier air of fall and winter.
Keep skin protected from the sun year-round. If you follow these tips and use sun protection measures, such as putting a moisturizing sunscreen like Coppertone CLEARLYSheer to good use, you can help to prevent premature skin aging for beautiful skin. --NAPSI